Gotu kola (Centella asiatica) is a wild plant that is widely grown in plantations, fields, edges of roads, as well as the rice field. Since ancient times, gotu kola has been used for medicinal skin, nervous disorders and improve circulation. West Javanese people know this plant as one of the plants to vegetables. Gotu kola benefits include:
- Improve endurance (long life)
- Clean the blood
- Streamlining urine
- Cure leprosy (a chronic infectious disease caused by Mycobacterium leprae) and tuberculosis (TB)
- Giving positive effects on brain nerve stimulation
- Streamlining transportation in the blood vessels of the brain. Even when this is used as a tonic to strengthen and improve the durability of the brain and nerves.
- The plant is also used orally and topically to increase blood circulation to the arms and legs, to prevent varicose veins, and whiplash.
- Besides being able to help improve memory, mental and stamina, gotu kola may also help balance the energy levels and decreased symptoms of stress and depression.